Provide appropriate, timely and affordable high quality skilled nursing services, health care information, referrals to mental and dental providers, and social service system navigation assistance to clients.
Safety net patients in Polk County who are uninsured, publicly insured and underinsured
- Provide acute and chronic preventive and primary nursing services
- Refer patients to appropriate mental and dental health safety net providers
- Educate patients on the social services available to them
- Help patients navigate the social services system and assist with applications
- Collaborate with community partners to identify safety net patients
Specific nursing services include:
- Vital sign checks
- Physical and mental assessments
- Medication set up weekly/monthly
- Wound care, blood draws or ostomy care
Reduction in hospitalizations and increased patient ability to make better lifestyle choices that maximize their health and well-being.